Today we’re doing a different kind of search – we’re looking for a new recruiter and marketing assistant for Argentus itself. We’re looking for a high-energy, high-potential recent graduate – ideally from a liberal arts or business background – to train as a recruiter and marketing assistant. NOTE: This is not a Supply Chain position.
Who are we?
Argentus is a recruiting company focused on Supply Chain Management and Procurement. We’re a very focused, collaborative team who work to fill leadership roles for our clients in industries like Consumer Goods, Food Production, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, and Government. Companies contact us, and we go out and find the right people.
Unlike many other recruitment companies, we have a strong focus on content marketing (blogging, email marketing) and social media that allows us to dominate our niche. We’re creative, tenacious, and always interested in finding new ways to source the best candidates for our clients.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for a bright, curious, creative, and high-energy recent graduate to join our team as a Junior Recruiter and Marketing Assistant. We’re trying to find someone who’s interested in recruitment as a career and wants to learn from the best.
This is a growth role, and you’ll be immersed in every aspect of our business as we work together to build the Argentus brand. For the right fit, it’s an opportunity to make great money, be creative, interact with people, and have fun in the process.
To start with, you’ll be assisting our team with:
- Searching for potential job candidates and reaching out to them
- Reference checks
- Social media posting, and
- Some administrative duties (everyone answers the phone in our office).
As you progress, you will learn both the recruitment business and our niche, and work towards:
- Representing candidates yourself
- Taking on clients, and
- Using digital marketing (blogging, social media posting, etc.) to build your own brand as a recruiter as well as that of the company.
- And more.
So am I the right fit for this role?
We’re more interested in your potential than your work experience. So you might be a good fit for Argentus if you are:
- A people person. You don’t mind picking up the phone. You’re enthusiastic, friendly, and curious about other people – for example, what motivates people to look for a new job, or to move to a different city?
- Creative. There are many ways to skin the cat in recruitment. It used to be about placing job ads. Now it’s about making great content to get people interested in your brand. Maybe you have awesome writing skills. Maybe you’re a graphic designer or videographer, and you’re looking for the opportunity to apply those skills.
- An obsessive researcher. The kind of person who has to Google everything you don’t know to get to the bottom of it. And if you can’t find it on Google, you’ll think of other places (industry publications, social media, or picking up the phone) to find it.
- Interested in business. You’re curious about trends in workplace culture and hiring, and how various industries will evolve.
- Someone who gets bored easily. You’re committed to finishing the job, but you’re interested in looking for new ways to contribute.
- Independent. You’re able to work without a lot of hands-on direction, and have an entrepreneurial streak.
Ambitious? Yes, but we think the right person is out there. You don’t have to have an understanding of Supply Chain Management or Procurement. We’ll teach that. But you do need a personality that fits our working style. So to apply, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as a brief note explaining how your experiences and attitude lead you to hit each of the above 6 points.
We look forward to reading your application!
1. Send an email to email@example.com and please make sure to include a resume and make sure to let me know where I can reach you.
2. Follow us on Twitter: @ArgentusTalent. Join the conversation on Twitter to access Hot Jobs, career and resume tips, and Supply Chain news and industry insights.
3. Reach out to your network for referrals: There’s a saying in the recruitment business: Every great candidate knows five more great candidates. So you might not be actively looking, or this job might not be perfect for you, but you probably know someone who would be a great fit for this position or one of our other jobs. If you put us in touch with someone who we end up placing in a permanent position, you could earn a referral reward of up to $1500.